PDA

View Full Version : Strange audio issue.

69Skylark
08-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I'll give the specs of my system them describe my issue.

Specs: JVC KDR300 deck, stock door speakers, MTX Terminator amp, Alpine Type E 10" sub, stinger amp wiring.

My issue: This started 3 days ago. I notice my bass was alot lower than normal, checked setting and were ok. Now the strange part, if I take a corner fast, go over a speed bump or hit a bigger bump in the road the bass will increase and then fade down.

I have checked all the wiring and connections, all ok. I have wiggled/shacked all the wiring for my amp from the deck all the way back and I can't re-create the issue.

Has anyone experienced this before? This has me very confused, as well as 3 guys I work with who know a fair a bit about car audio.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Bad wiring is my guess. Check your grounds.

SHOmethemoney
08-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Try another source like a portable radio with RCA outputs and plug that into the amp. If that fixes it, it's either the deck or the RCA cables.

t28turbo
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I have the exact same problem
With my car, happens sometimes it almost seems like my RCA's are to small for my amp and start falling out and doing the exact same as yours

chasingsafety
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
There is two parts to an RCA cable connector, the outer part, and the inner part. The outer part can get worn and stretched out, making it loose to connect to an amp. Time to replace your RCA's. If your %100 certain all your wiring is perfect, then open your amp and check for funked up cap's or resistors.
I would test with a known good amp, that will rule out the amp part, and be easier then opening up your current amp.

69Skylark
08-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I will try switching my amp with a friends amp tomorrow and I'll see what happens. I'll also check the rca cables again.

Tim
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Before you do any of that check your grounds. If it has come loose and loses contact you are only grounding through the RCA's and power fades. Anytime I have seen issues with loose connections on the RCA side there has been crackling to go with it. That's not saying it's not your RCA's though.

69Skylark
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I forgot to mention, I did check the ground wire for the amp and both connections were were tight. I did replace the terminals at either end of the ground wire. I'll see if that makes a difference.

shon
08-12-2011, 11:52 AM
if you dont have it fixed...come see me at my place and ill have a look...text me 315-0248..