PDA

View Full Version : Help me tune my amp & headunit

deep1ca
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
I don't know much about this stuff and was wondering if theres anyone here that knows what they are doing and would like to help me correctly tune my amp and my headunit with a voltmeter.

Thanks.

deep1ca
11-21-2007, 03:45 AM
bastards

SHOmethemoney
11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
You really don't need a voltmeter to set the amp up. Just turn the headunit volume up to about 3/4 and with some music playing adjust the sensitivity of the amp until you hear distortion and then back it off a little.

Or if you're using the amp to power a sub and the headunit to power the full range speakers set the sensitivity on the amp so that the sub isn't overpowering the rest of the music.

There's really no wrong way to set it up. If it sounds good to you that's all that matters.

CjGaughan
04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
The important part about the setup is that you're not distorting your sub...its much harder to hear a distorting sub from within the cabin so you need to be sure its not happening (as this is when voice coils fry, of course :P )

As stated, just turn up the volume in your car to the loudest you'd listen to it (so its not distorted) then adjust the amp/sub so that it is just below the distortion point. That way you can turn up your music in the car and never have to worry about if your sub is distorting... thats the main point of setup.