Thread: Mitsubishi EVO XI Will be a Hybrid Confirms Company President

Contributer
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mitsubishi EVO XI Will be a Hybrid Confirms Company President

Rumors that the next-generation Mitsubishi EVO would go hybrid first surfaced over a year ago and now company president Osamu Masuko has reportedly confirmed as much.

Speaking with the UK’s AutoCar, Masuko said the Evo XI will come with a hybrid powertrain and that it will be on sale within the next three years.

Rumors have suggested the car could be a plug-in hybrid, or that it could use a diesel-hybrid powertrain, helping it deliver substantial amounts of torque from a very small displacement engine.

Several months back came reports that the EVO would be discontinued as Mitsubishi poured substantial resources into developing future electric cars. That was eventually rebuked by Masuko has insisted the EVO would live on, but “evolve” in a different direction.
    Read the full story at AutoGuide.com

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF? Dont want. I hope they put a regular fun engine in it.

Post Thanks / Like

There's way more to "hybrid" than prius performance... I know Porsche has a few tricks up its sleeve

http://i.autoblog.com/2011/09/17/por...tech-bound-fo/

Legacy Member
    A.K.A: cloud_strife75
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitsu better not mess this one up. If your giving an Evo a hybrid powerplant, it better be combined 350hp/350trq for it to even matter.

I just don't understand why they didnt just throw direct injection into the current 4B11T and give it a proper overdrive gear, lose some weight, telescoping steering, better tuning to remove the pig- richness and call it a day? They can easily make that beast an EPA 27mpg highway machine if they wanted to.
    ------------ 2010 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 3 ------------
    14.8 @ 95.4MPH at Shitville dragway