Thread: Acura NSX, RDX and ILX Small Sedan Concepts to Debut in Detroit

Contributer
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Acura NSX, RDX and ILX Small Sedan Concepts to Debut in Detroit

Acura has officially confirmed it will reveal what it is calling a concept version of the next-generation NSX at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show in January. A brand that's lineup has been in serious need of some fresh new product and exciting new models will get just that with the debut of this new sports car concept, as well as the world premiere of a crossover prototype that will eventually become the next RDX and what is being called the ILX concept.

The ILX will hint strongly at Acura's new small sedan, which until now was rumored to wear the RSX badge. While previous reports had indicated this may actually replace the TSX as a down-sized model closer in size to the Honda Civic on which it's based, Acura will only say the ILX will be the brand's first ever hybrid. In total, the ILX, which will go on sale in 2013, will be available with the other powertrains, the first we can safely assume is a gasoline engine, while the other remains a secret.
    Read the full story at AutoGuide.com

Post Thanks / Like

guaranteed the nsx is fucking ugly and has some lame underpowered hybrid powerplant and a bunch of stupid gadgets to appeal to some completely obsurd demographic

Post Thanks / Like

I love Honda but man does their lineup ever need a refresh. We need the RSX and NSX back in a bad way.

Post Thanks / Like

it's almost like they're more concerned with weathering the economic times we live in than they are about building super cars for 1% of the market.

"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of fuckin' thin air. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-PWR View Post
    it's almost like they're more concerned with weathering the economic times we live in than they are about building super cars for 1% of the market.
    Well, giving away all your market share to the Koreans and alienating your main customer base is a strange way to conduct business.

Post Thanks / Like

^this.
    Dodge Charger SRT8
    2000 Integra Type R
    2013 Ford focus ST
    1999 Acura EL D-serious turbo
    1998 Dodge Neon Superleggara

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    guaranteed the nsx is fucking ugly and has some lame underpowered hybrid powerplant and a bunch of stupid gadgets to appeal to some completely obsurd demographic
    I completely agree based on the CRX disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 97gst View Post
    Well, giving away all your market share to the Koreans and alienating your main customer base is a strange way to conduct business.
    Honda is still in the top 5 in sales over all; the civic, CRV and Accord all in the top 20 car/truck sales.

Their MAIN customer base is people who want reliable transportation - not people who want supercars.

"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of fuckin' thin air. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."

Legacy Member
    A.K.A: cloud_strife75
    Post Thanks / Like

Honda is still in the top 5 in sales over all; the civic, CRV and Accord all in the top 20 car/truck sales.

Their MAIN customer base is people who want reliable transportation - not people who want supercars.
    Agreed, however for how long? The new Civic has a worse interior than the previous, so much so in fact that they have announced an accelerated refresh. The new Civic will lose it's best selling title to better cars.

I'd take a new Elentra or Cruze over a new Civic, as well as a Tuscon or Equinox over a CRV, GTI/MS3 over the Si.. etc. Have to admit that the Accord is a great car though.. very nice in 2 door form
    ------------ 2010 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 3 ------------
    14.8 @ 95.4MPH at Shitville dragway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captobvious75 View Post
    Agreed, however for how long? The new Civic has a worse interior than the previous, so much so in fact that they have announced an accelerated refresh. The new Civic will lose it's best selling title to better cars.

I'd take a new Elentra or Cruze over a new Civic, as well as a Tuscon or Equinox over a CRV, GTI/MS3 over the Si.. etc. Have to admit that the Accord is a great car though.. very nice in 2 door form
    I haven't sat in a brand new civic so I won't comment but I will say that my 06 has a nice enough interior. Im sure that the gti and si are neck and neck in most categories. I wouldn't buy a Mazda ever again but that's based more on the shitty service I received in the past.

As for taking a cruze or elantra over a civic I think you're crazy. Plus the elantra is likely quite a bit more money than a civic.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't sat in a brand new civic so I won't comment but I will say that my 06 has a nice enough interior. Im sure that the gti and si are neck and neck in most categories. I wouldn't buy a Mazda ever again but that's based more on the shitty service I received in the past.

As for taking a cruze or elantra over a civic I think you're crazy. Plus the elantra is likely quite a bit more money than a civic.
    I agree, your 06 Civic has a far nicer interior than the new ones. Before you think im crazy, go sit in the new Civics, then sit in the Cruze and Elentra, and let me know which one feels like it's worth their money.

For comparision:

Civic EX-L sedan: 24,390.00 MSRP
    Elentra Limited w/ Nav: 24,669.00 MSRP
    Cruze LTZ Turbo: 25,930.00 MSRP

Not a real big difference in pricing IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captobvious75 View Post
    I agree, your 06 Civic has a far nicer interior than the new ones. Before you think im crazy, go sit in the new Civics, then sit in the Cruze and Elentra, and let me know which one feels like it's worth their money.

For comparision:

Civic EX-L sedan: 24,390.00 MSRP
    Elentra Limited w/ Nav: 24,669.00 MSRP
    Cruze LTZ Turbo: 25,930.00 MSRP

Not a real big difference in pricing IMO
    The pricing surprises me to be honest.

Where it usually makes a big difference is resale value - the cruze and Elantra will be almost free in 4 years.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The pricing surprises me to be honest.

Where it usually makes a big difference is resale value - the cruze and Elantra will be almost free in 4 years.
    Canadian Blackbook says otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I'd be surprised as fuck to learn that a civic is worth less than its gm and hyundai counterparts after 4 years...

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GM is still worth beans... Hyundai is about equal give or take a couple hundred these days

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

man I'd hate to be the proud owner of a 2012 Civic right about now...

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    agree its pretty fkn ugly, old was better.