Thread: New Lexus SC?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Lexus SC?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ury-coupe.html

In the run-up to the Detroit Auto Show this January, Lexus has teased a new concept car twice, first showing an aggressive exterior, and then a futuristic interior. Now comes word that the vehicle in question may wear the “LF-LC” badge when it is fully uncovered.
    Toyota is really impressing me with their product offerings. They are still producing econoboxes but not relenting on enthusiast vehicles either. The same cannot be said for Honda.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by "not relenting"? They only just started back into it after more than a decade with nothing but appliances. And if it's an SC replacement, it'll be heavy, auto only and be marketed to overweight female real-estate agents in bright coloured pant-suits. Nothing enthusiastic about that.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the made a rwd/ awd inline 6's and 4 cyl's for the last tenish years. I'd trade my V6 accord for a IS300 any day.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MZR20 View Post
    What do you mean by "not relenting"? They only just started back into it after more than a decade with nothing but appliances. And if it's an SC replacement, it'll be heavy, auto only and be marketed to overweight female real-estate agents in bright coloured pant-suits. Nothing enthusiastic about that.
    I disagree, it's love/hate. I hate these in stock form, but the second you see a Pebble Beach edition its wicked, nicer trim, exterior changes. Best of all, hit it with some VIP goodies, like an AIMGAIN kit, Autocouture, etc.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I made an assumption that the OP meant "performance enthusiast". Sure there are mad tight hella flush baller status vip types, but they're not performers. That car ^ looks amazing, but is just eye candy. Beautiful eye candy.

As for the IS300/250/350s out there, yes, but nowhere near the level of performance and forsaking all else for driver experience as the MR2, Supra, and even the old Celicas. Since then, the IS's with their comfortable ride and heavy luxury trim pieces have been as "stripped down" as they've been. Again, taking nothing away from them, and they're probably pretty solid track performers, but not on the same level as their cars from the 90s.

Post Thanks / Like

that SC is pure sex.
    thanks for posting that pic!
    I really hope they bring back the SC. All the gens of the Lexus SC ether 300/400/430 trim were all great cars in my opinion.

-Stephane

Contributer
    Post Thanks / Like

Photos of the new Lexus concept car have leaked online, revealing a stunning luxury coupe that is certain to put the Japanese luxury brand back in the spotlight. Called the LF-Lc, it can be seen as a successor to the much-maligned SC model.

Styling cues clearly come from both the LFA supercar and the new GS luxury sedan, though there is no word on what the engine will be. Of note, this concept, unlike most past Lexus concepts, does not contain the signature "h" indicating it is a hybrid.

Lexus will reveal full details of the LF-Lc at it's world premiere in January at the North American International Auto Show.
    See all the photos at AutoGuide.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MZR20 View Post
    I mean not relenting as of late. They didn't just call it a day after the LF-A and FR-S made it to production.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha. Makes a lot more sense now.