Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Subaru mechanic ASAP for build nightmare

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Wow.

A.K.A: Jdc420
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on all points. I would not have bought this car without a full qualified inspection either. I appreciate all the comments and help.
    == 300zx ==

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 91ZChatch View Post
    go see remi at legacy.. all he does is subarus.. He's fixed a bunch of japan power subby fuck ups. He can do anythign when it comes to subaru. He's pretty reasonable too
    This. Knows what he's doing, and is very meticulous when it comes to 'doing it right'

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Dude just spent 30k+ on an AS IS POS that is going to be in the shop? I'd be pissed! Coulda bought a newer 5.0 for that. Coulda shoulda woulda.

On a side note I bought a used car from a piece of shit on this board and got ripped off too. Sucks that people do this.
    Since 2002

2010 GLK 350
    2007 CRV
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Wow. Dude just spent 30k+ on an AS IS POS that is going to be in the shop? I'd be pissed! Coulda bought a newer 5.0 for that. Coulda shoulda woulda.

On a side note I bought a used car from a piece of shit on this board and got ripped off too. Sucks that people do this.
    this thing, running properly would destroy a 5.0 and make it a 0.0.

1FSTSRT was straight up honest about the car. he didnt rip anyone off. The whole build/issues with the shop in buffalo was posted on the internet. Everything is documented. The kid can turn around, part this car out and would probably walk away with more than 30k.

If anything, the kid was a goof for buying a car THEN getting it checked out. Its the other way around son!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Full Monty View Post
    only a fool with a low self esteem will care about what others think you drive

6. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5.0 would have been reliable, warrantied, safetied, and newer 2011/2012. Just sayin. Oh and likely wouldn't be back in the shop after one week of owning. 400HP is plenty.
    Since 2002

2010 GLK 350
    2007 CRV
    2002 Mustang GT

8. Like truckah_DC2R Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, of course, but then your stuck with a mustang.

400 is not plenty for some, myself included.

10. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    5.0 would have been reliable, warrantied, safetied, and newer 2011/2012. Just sayin. Oh and likely wouldn't be back in the shop after one week of owning. 400HP is plenty.
    If you're not pushing Hyundai's it's Mustang's... good for lol's that's for sure.
    == 300zx ==

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jdc View Post
    If you're not pushing Hyundai's it's Mustang's... good for lol's that's for sure.
    seems to get hard on warranties too. if i'm buying a performance car i dont really give a shit about warranty cause im likely going to drive the shit out of, if it breaks it's my own fault.
    LOL

13. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AWDGuy View Post
    yeah, of course, but then your stuck with a mustang.

400 is not plenty for some, myself included.
    LOL! Well said!
    Paul - Bitten by Snails

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

bring it to lachute but if its butchered they will tell u to fuck off right away.

16. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Booked @ Lachute for Friday.
    == 300zx ==

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I wanna see this beast running properly.

19. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh it will. I will make sure Julien makes all the right moves on it until it's super bon.
    == 300zx ==

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Evo wouldn't have this many issues

22. Like Jdc, scottxkillyou Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Tin Can View Post
    Evo wouldn't have this many issues
    An evo built by this shop in buffalo would have just as many issues.

If tonik\lachute\roch built this car, it would b running right.

24. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I duno. I see plenty of subarus having oiling issues, spun bearings ect from track use. My cars 30 years old, sees plenty of track and has its power output increased from 90 to 300hp. Runs fine on ghetto junkyard nonsense. That cars had issues since day one, a bad apple from the get go. Didnt the stock motor blow up in the same spectacular fashion as the built one?

26. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You see plenty? I go tot the same track days as you. Never seen 1 blow up at bogie yet. I will hear about the odd one of having an oiling issue, but have yet to witness it with my own eyes. Ever go to the autocross? Lots of Subies and they ain't dropping like flies at those events either.

I see plenty of Subarus who do not have those issues. Mine included. I dont see mitsu's very often at our track days. I don't think I've ever seen 1 attend the MR nights actually. There was was what? 7 subies at the last track night at bogie? All of them ran great from what I saw, we all drove home after all. Look at Corentco's WRB STI, thing runs solid at the track. the oiling issue is due to the high G's and the oil going to one side of the car. what I rea don the subaru forums is it will take 6 seconds for the pan to empty, so take a long seeping corner to the right, empty that oil pan and boom, there goes the rod bearings. The guys that have the proper mods, bigger oil pans and proper cooling mods run fine.

I don't know the complete history of this car, but knowing the original owners luck, I wouldn't be surprised if some tool tuned the stock engine and messed up. Would that be Subaru's fault? no, that would be the tuner behind the tune. I went through the same thing with my focus when turbo'ing it. Was told about a "great" tuner and everyone praised his work, and he blew my motor on the dyno, everything had to be fixed at my cost. Now I run Tonik's tune on my subaru, been running it for the pass 2 years, and its been very reliable. 20 psi on stock block all day long!!
    Last edited by AWDGuy; 08-09-2012 at 08:12 AM.

28. Like Jdc Likes this post
    Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Tin Can View Post
    My cars 30 years old, sees plenty of track and has its power output increased from 90 to 300hp.
    300? Geeze, you think you'd be faster?

Last edited by redtsi; 08-09-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think so wouldn't ya At the end of the day, you always run a risk buying a highly modified car. Remember way back when billy sold his 500whp talon and the kid blew it up the first day lol. ...

IIRC two STI's that were brand new went back for "warranty" after they spun rod bearings this summer. Simply put, an oil cooler, oil temp gauge and accusump would probably prevent all this shit from happening. I'm willing to bet they are running 250deg+ oil temps. My cooler keeps my temps under 100C ( 212f) and I always back off when it gets hotter than 97C. Respect the motor and live long cheap lives.

I am willing to bet this poor guy got the car, got excited and started doing highway runs for like 30seconds at wot. That will kill almost anything.

31. Like Jdc, reezyfbaby Likes this post