Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche 911 Turbo Upgrades...

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up the rears today... Come on street sweepers!

Last edited by NTIMD8; 03-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the bumperettes painted. It is a subtle change but I like it.

Here is a before with the stock black bumperettes...

And here is an after with them colour matched...

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. Funny how those subtle changes can really make the car look better. Keep posting pics, your car is delicious!

Post Thanks / Like

Only things left are, Plugs, Tune, clutch and exhaust mod. So not much left for pics. Just have to find the time to install the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, where did you get the painting done?

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks much better after paint.
    Pen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

dubber, I get all my body/paint work done by Fiore at S&G truck and auto body. Amazing work. They did my RX7 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NTIMD8 View Post
    Thanks guys.

dubber, I get all my body/paint work done by Fiore at S&G truck and auto body. Amazing work. They did my RX7 as well.
    Sweet, thanks man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dubber View Post
    Sweet, thanks man.
    If you have work to be done, call them and tell them Jason with the Porsche and RX7 sent you. I have been sending him a few guys so he tends to give a break on price a bit if you are paying and not insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the plugs on the Porsche today and uploaded the tune. It took longer to change the spark plugs on the Porsche than it did for my buddy Yan to do a cam swap on his Twin Turbo Saleen and he even had to almost do his job twice because he put the cams on the wrong side.

With the plugs I was able to upload the tune. The extra 100hp didn't feel that extraordinary at first because the car is just so smooth and handles the acceleration so well it is so uneventful. On the way home though once the car warmed up the extra power was definitely noticeable. Pushes you back in the seat much harder than before and makes you giggle like a school girl as the boost reaches 1 bar. Noticed the clutch was slipping a bit too at 1bar so will have to get it in the air some time soon to swap the clutch.

Yan cheating and getting a head start...

Yan cheating again by getting Johnny to help him...

Yan pretending he knows what he is doing...

Getting the car ready to access the plugs...

5 hours later and we were ready to upload the tune.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Yan's Mustang was single, not twin turbo. I need to change my plugs too...
    Paul - Bitten by Snails

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ya, it could be single. I dont pay attention well. My wife always tells me that... or something like that anyway. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Installed the emblem on the rear deck lid. I think I like it. I can always remove it when I feel like it if I grow tired of it. Opinions?

Ricer spoiler deployed..

Post Thanks / Like

Did the exhaust bypass mod last night. Im very happy with the results. It is a much deeper tone and about 35-40% louder than stock.

Here is a before and after video. Unfortuatly the mic on my camera did not do a good job of picking up the sound so the video is not that great.

Post Thanks / Like

Kool mod. Porsches sound so broken at idle haha
    MK2 Lyfe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey Area View Post
    Kool mod. Porsches sound so broken at idle haha
    LOL, especially in videos for some reason. They rattle like crazy. Don't really hear it in person but I know the sound you are talking about.

17. Like The Grey Area Likes this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question. Did they have to crack open the ECU to tune it or was it done entirely from the cable?

-Michael
    Contact hackish@gmail.com. 819-778-7047 but email is far more reliable as I may or may not be in the city, province or even country. Tuning Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Lotus, Mini, VW/Audi, Ford, Dodge and GM. Hyundai coming soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hackish View Post
    Quick question. Did they have to crack open the ECU to tune it or was it done entirely from the cable?

-Michael
    All done through the OBD port.

Softronic flashes all the Porsche 996 cars through the OBDII port. With their Flasher Client software, they are reading a full 1mb of the file to completely tune the ECU. Other companies claim to be able to do this, but are only read 128kb and making global changes. The ECU flash will alter your boost, fuel, and timing maps to give you a very linear increase over stock. Softronic tunes using the factory knock and oxygen sensors to ensure you get the best map the first time. Basic bolt on modifications like Diverter Valves, Exhaust, and Intake do not require the re-reflash of the ECU, they only bring out further performance of the vehicle. For those worried about check engine lights, there are none! For those running a high flow cat exhaust systems or straight pipes, Softronic raises the O2 levels which will eliminate any CEL's. Once the car is flashed, the turbos will come on much quicker and the car will pull harder to redline. The overall improvement of drivability makes the 996 Turbo even more fun then it was originally. Since warranty is always a concern, Softronic also provides you with your original file. With this original file you can flash your car back to stock at any point. If you go to the dealer, there will be nothing visible through the Porsche PIWIS system. Softronic can program your vehicle no matter what country you are from or what octane you use. We have different maps for those running 91 octane or 93 octane and higher.

What are the benefits/functions of going with Softronic compared to the competition?

•Softronic does not require the removal of your ECU from the car. There is no down time at all.
    •Your car can be flashed at your convenience from the comfort of your own garage.
    •Softronic reflashing is done via a Client Cable that is connected to the OBDII port. The customer simply plugs the cable into the car and reads the file with a laptop per the instructions with the cable. Once the file is downloaded, it is emailed to the Softronic secure server where the file is tuned and then emailed back to the client. The client simply uploads the file and they are done. Total process is about 1 hour.
    •Reflashing is done according to the vehicles octane level of pump gas and modifications are taken into account (Intake, Headers, Exhaust) to enhance power gains.