Thread: New Jeep Cherokee...uh oh

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jeep Cherokee...uh oh

Here it is, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I don't think I can describe this as anything other than a complete disaster.

2014 Jeep Cherokee: This Is It!
    We've seen development mules of the next small Jeep crossover/SUV parading around for months. In our minds it was the 2014 Liberty, just wearing an Alfa Romeo Giulietta body but was also a good bit taller. Through these exclusive photos we've learned two things. First, it won't look anything like an Alfa. Second, it won't be a Liberty. This is the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. That's right, the Cherokee is back.

First things first, those headlights. It looks a lot like Jeep is taking a page from the Nissan Juke handbook here. The narrow lights on top are combined with some larger bulbs next to the grille. I don't hate the Juke, so I don't really hate this either. Some may see it as a Jeep that's sucking lemons, but there's nothing wrong with a little boldness. In fact, Car and Driver had already predicted a fairly insane design like this in an earlier rendering. They were super close.

In profile, I'm actually getting an Isuzu Axiom vibe. Again, this isn't a bad thing. The Axiom had some interesting design traits, like the very narrow headlamps. What I really don't care for the is the body cladding. Oodles and oodles of cladding. Higher trim levels will probably get rid of the cladding. Overall though, I actually like it. It's a bit futurisitic and way more daring than anything we've ever seen from Jeep. You gotta respect that.

It's loosely based on the Dodge Dart/Alfa Giulietta, so that makes the Cherokee yet another car-based crossover. I'm willing to bet it's modified enough to be considered "Trail Rated," because I'm sure Jeep doesn't want to fully bastardize the Cherokee name.

Inside we have what appears to be what common folk call an "interior." There is a center stack as well as a chunky steering wheel. It also looks like off-road modes are located on a knob next to the gear lever. Also, there is an electronic handbrake. Great.

According to the ever knowledgable folks at Allpar, the Jeep should offer a selection of V6 and four-cylinder engines:

The car is almost certain to have a 3.2 V6 instead of the 3.6, for better wheel travel and gas mileage. Export cars will get the current 2-liter four-cylinder diesel. Four cylinders are likely to be a Tiger Shark 2.4, and the 1.4 liter Fiat turbo as a gas-mileage king; there might be a single four-cylinder to simplify production and reduce engineering costs, but it now appears that the Cherokee will be a V6 only, at least in the United States. If gas prices rise, the VM 3.0 V6 diesel could be installed at a later date.

A diesel Cherokee outside of China? Sign us up.
    Full article: http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherok...s-it-335476306

Here are some clearer images as well

http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherok...s-it-376452776

I think it looks a little better now. Still not liking the curved grille. Has a little ford espace look to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope too round. 2013's are nice though. Especially the bad ass SRT models . YUM

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh!! Kill it!!

Post Thanks / Like

People will buy it. It's not worse than the Aztek thats for sure.
    Some people call me the Space Cowboy.

Post Thanks / Like

From certain angles, it's not that bad... but the side profile is horrible.

And are they bringing the Cherokee back and the Grand Cherokee?

A.K.A: b6turbo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jeep Cherokee...uh oh

Yeh. There's an updated gc too. But looks a kabillion times better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if they can woo the self indulgent assholes that moved on to range rovers with that mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone buy them some glasses. So squinty
    MK2 Lyfe

Post Thanks / Like

I believe this replaces the old Cherokee Sport. The Grand Cherokee is still palatable.