Thread: Patrice Brisebois races at Trois-Rivières this weekend for NASCAR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patrice Brisebois races at Trois-Rivières this weekend for NASCAR

Patrice Brisebois on the track at Trois-Rivières this weekend in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series

After his first season as player development coach for the Montreal Canadiens, Patrice Brisebois is taking a break from his busy schedule to pursue his second passion: auto racing. Patrice will be on the track at the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières this Saturday and Sunday, August 10 and 11.

"My responsibilities with the young hockey players keep me pretty busy, so I don't have much time for racing; but as long as I have the opportunity, I'll continue to sign up for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, among others, because it's one of the most popular series, and after four years, I'm feeling in control in my car. It may not be the Ferrari Challenge, but there's still plenty of action on the track. It’s also an opportunity to compete at Trois-Rivières, which is a great place to race."

Patrice Brisebois will participate in just one race this season. "I had serious engine trouble at the start of the season and that took a bite out of my budget... but I have excellent sponsors this season who are as passionate about racing as I am"

SCHEDULE

Saturday, July 10
    10:50 – 11:50 a.m. NASCAR Canadian Tire Trials
    5:00 – 5:45 p.m. NASCAR Canadian Tire Qualifying

Sunday, July 11
    3:30 – 4:40 p.m. NASCAR Canadian Tire RacePatrice Brisebois
    on the track at Trois-Rivières this weekend

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

IS this guy Just racign NAscar cause he loves racing he has enough money to buy his car? Seem pretty dangerous to me to have someone race justa couple times at NAscar level events. Correct me if im wrong.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYBEN View Post
    IS this guy Just racign NAscar cause he loves racing he has enough money to buy his car? Seem pretty dangerous to me to have someone race justa couple times at NAscar level events. Correct me if im wrong.
    You should look a little more into how a raceteam works...

Often raceteam will field 2 cars, not because it's fun, because the 2nd car is often rented to someone with the $$ but does not want to deal with all the racecar prep and stuff. The more $$ you have, the more competitive the car you can rent will be. By renting the 2nd car, it helps offset the costs for the team.

It's all about money, nothing more, nothing less. If I won the US powerball and could afford it, i'd rent a freaking Nationwide Nascar car and undertake some training so I could try to qualify for an Indy 500. All it takes is lots of money.

As the saying goes...

-If you want to make a small fortune in racing... start with a large one.
    Click, Click... Click... shit it's empty.

4. Like DannyITR Likes this post
    Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Had no idea. soo i stand corrected thanx for filling in the blank Pete!

Post Thanks / Like

Patrice has been racing for years though. He's no stranger to the track.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DannyITR View Post
    Patrice has been racing for years though. He's no stranger to the track.
    I think he's actually more talented than rich...

As a hockey player he did okay... but nowhere close to any kind of money he can piss away in race cars.

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected