Thread: Any CarletonU/ Algonquin students?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any CarletonU/ Algonquin students?

I'm trying to start an enthusiast/autocross club at the schools. Plans for the near future is mainly to provide a school community/ club for car enthusiasts, have experienced autocross drivers come in to talk to us to give driving tips and also go out to local autocross events. Also for members that want to work on their cars we can do it as a team in my garage (Got a lift and almost every tool you can name). Last part is pending my father's approval

Down the road we hope to schedule outings for Calabogie and Cayuga if they can work out some kind of deal with us which will only be possible with high membership numbers.

Because Carleton and Algonquin have their own organization for clubs there is going to have to be two separate clubs but they will for the most part be joined, same name, facebook page, coordinated meetings and outings and same people running them. I need 10 students from each institution to sign up so that I can register the clubs to get funding. Funding will go towards club promotion (like getting stickers made) and pizza for meetings.

If any OttawaU guys or girls are out there and are feeling left out let me know and we can see about starting one at OttawaU as well, it's just that neither me nor my buds who are helping me organize this thing go there.

Club membership will be free but you must be a student at either Carleton or Algonquin.

If you are interested please email or pm me your Name and student number
    ethanmelamed@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you start a club at UO you get like 5Gs a year or something...

You might have problems at calabogie in terms of age or insurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystere_V6 View Post
    pending my father's approval
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoP-Demon View Post
    I think if you start a club at UO you get like 5Gs a year or something...

You might have problems at calabogie in terms of age or insurance.
    The club is called The AutoX Club so calabogie is not in the immediate plans anyways. Renting the track for the day was just something fun I thought I would look into if the funds were available. And 5gs, that is some pretty crazy funding! It would go a long way to funding a club car that non-car-owning members can drive which was definitely on the agenda. The only reason that I am not trying to organize it at OU yet is because neither me nor my buds who are helping me get the club off the ground go there. Do you go to OttawaU and would you like to get involved?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystere_V6 View Post
    The club is called The AutoX Club so calabogie is not in the immediate plans anyways. Renting the track for the day was just something fun I thought I would look into if the funds were available. And 5gs, that is some pretty crazy funding! It would go a long way to funding a club car that non-car-owning members can drive which was definitely on the agenda. The only reason that I am not trying to organize it at OU yet is because neither me nor my buds who are helping me get the club off the ground go there. Do you go to OttawaU and would you like to get involved?
    Technically I am but not for much longer. I don't plan on finishing my masters, but I never told them I quit... I thought most clubs get quite a bit of funding at any school? The Quidditch club is flying to fricking florida on their fund money for a tournmanet.

Post Thanks / Like

Technically I am but not for much longer. I don't plan on finishing my masters, but I never told them I quit... I thought most clubs get quite a bit of funding at any school? The Quidditch club is flying to fricking florida on their fund money for a tournmanet.
    So you want to join up? You don't need to be a student, just have a valid student number. And once we get registered and have some proper funding you won't even need that. Pm me your name and student number.

Post Thanks / Like

your best is to get involved with the mechanical engineering program at carleton. Students run the formula sae car at the mco autox events im sure there would be a ton in the program that would be willing to join/help with your club

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read that correctly? you said Quidditch club? Please tell me this is a trolling comment lol. Best of luck on the clubs