Thread: Kowalty One Racing Motorcycle Dyno Day at July 12th Cars and Coffee Meet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kowalty One Racing Motorcycle Dyno Day at Cars and Coffee Meet - POSTPONED

EDITED - The July 12th Cars and Coffee Meet at the Canadian Tire Center is back on and Kowalty One Racing will be there with their dyno.

This is a mobile Dynojet dyno for motorcycles.

Ed and Emilie will be doing AFR and HP dyno pulls (only), no tuning available this day. Cost is $60.

The AFR readings are very telling as I recently found out with my motorcycle when I had it on their dyno at Calabogie and I'll head down to get my latest jetting changes validated on the dyno. If you're planning to get your bike tuned and want a baseline, or have tuned it and want to confirm how well it's running, this is a great opportunity to get some real data for a nominal cost.
    Last edited by CDN 2.5i; 07-04-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: schedule change

Post Thanks / Like

This should add a little noise to the event!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DannyITR View Post
    This should add a little noise to the event!
    Bring ear protection if you want to stand up close! It's pretty loud when the bikes are WOT.

I rolled down to Merrickville for the motorcycle show as the dyno was being run there today.

Show was pretty busy by the time I there with a couple bikes lined up already. Crowd enjoyed seeing the bikes run and they can definitely roar!

Mostly Harley's today, but a couple of local Ottawa-based Honda's at the end - two CBR1000RRs, one a 2013 Repsol (Andrew) and a white that belongs to his friend (sorry didn't get your name).

I had to leave before the white one went on but the Repsol maybe didn't run as strong as hoped but in retrospect, with the Two Brothers pipe, K&N filter and no tune, the 135WHP maybe was to be expected. Need a tune to take advantage of the airflow afforded by the intake and exhaust....

My AFR was still wonky, HP about the same as when I ran it at Calabogie. Looking forward to July 12th.

FYI - the HP/TQ/AFR runs today only cost $60, with $20 of that going to CHEO. I expect pricing for the upcoming dyno day at the Cars and Coffee meet to be similar. Hopefully, we can get a bunch of bikes out!

Post Thanks / Like

So how many cops will this add?
    1998 ZR2 SFA 35" BFG KM2's 4.56 gears locked Dana 30/Ford 8.8
    F*** mall crawlers!
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD EFI Live. 8000LBS 14.9 1/4 mile

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    So how many cops will this add?
    I doubt it would increase the police presence... there certainly weren't any issues with the dyno at the Merrickville bike show over the weekend even though the cops (OPP) were there.

Why did so many people have issues with the police at the last meet? If cars are tastefully modded and being driven in a reasonable manner, it's rare to get hassled. The times I've been pulled over and ticketed, I usually deserved it.

Post Thanks / Like

July 12th also coincides with an MCO Auto-X event at CTC as well. Should be lots of entertainment this day!

'05 OBP Legacy 2.5i 5MT PhatBotti tune, Bilstein/Swifts, 22mm Perrin RSB, MSI endlinks, cxlighting cbe
    18x8.5 Sonic Tuning ST8 w/ PZero Nero A/S, F Bobcats, R HPS, drilled/slotted rotors, braided lines, DDM lows/fogs

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing is confirmed at $60. You'll get a printout with your horsepower, torque and AFR numbers.

This is a great value and a true validation of how your motorcycle is running.

Personally, I've switched up my main jet, played with needle clip height and ultimately had to swap out for a different needle altogether. I'm looking forward to seeing the results on the dyno.

If anyone knows of other spots I should post this - trying to get as many bikes out as possible, let me know. I've got it posted on ott-motorcycles.ca already.

thanks,
    Andrew

'05 OBP Legacy 2.5i 5MT PhatBotti tune, Bilstein/Swifts, 22mm Perrin RSB, MSI endlinks, cxlighting cbe
    18x8.5 Sonic Tuning ST8 w/ PZero Nero A/S, F Bobcats, R HPS, drilled/slotted rotors, braided lines, DDM lows/fogs

Post Thanks / Like

The July 12th Cars and Coffee Meet is back on.
    Last edited by CDN 2.5i; 07-04-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping the thread - July 12th meet is back on and the Kowalty One Racing mobile dyno will be there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDN 2.5i View Post
    Bumping the thread - July 12th meet is back on and the Kowalty One Racing mobile dyno will be there FOR ONE HOUR!
    Was a good way to waste time and money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjamiemm View Post
    Was a good way to waste time and money.
    Yup. Bit unfortunate. I didn't get my bike dyno'd either for that matter.